AYSS endorses all its member agents in the industry by conducting thorough vetting process with all prospective members. Only when an agent meets strict criteria, outlined in our mission statement, can they use the AYSS brand to signify their professionalism within the industry. All members subscribe to and fully comply with the AYSS Code of Ethics and Conduct.
This means captains, owners and yacht managers have the highest degree of confidence in selecting an AYSS agent at their destination.
AYSS is a worldwide, self governing body to lift the otherwise mostly unregulated industry of yacht agents to a transparent and more professional level. Potential yacht agent members are strictly vetted before being accepted with a minimum of 2 years in business and 3 sets of recommendations being required from Captains, Industry and Fellow AYSS members. These recommendations are updated every 5 years approximately.
There are many advantages of membership with AYSS, including:
- Demonstrating your professional excellence within the industry and in turn making you the obvious choice for customers.
- Entering a community of like-minded and other professional agents. We are reguarly represented at superyacht shows and events across the world.
- Professional online social media marketing of your company under the AYSS brand.
- Blog articles focussing on your company and shared within the online superyacht media.
- Access to reliable information about other jurisdictions.
- One free hours’ consultation with our valuable and highly-renowned associate lawyer, Benjamin Maltby.
- Access to discounts from marine suppliers at selected intervals.
All members strive to work in the spirit of fairness with clients, who are entitled to an honest and transparent business relation with an AYSS office. Members are devoted to high professional ethics, integrity and courtesy. The AYSS policy of business transparency means clear and accurate information coupled with concise and easy to understand quotes and accounting.
In the unlikely situation that a poor service has been experienced, the AYSS board will help solve any issues. AYSS yacht agents who do not comply with the code of ethics will be questioned and in extreme circumstances will be asked to resign from the association.
For more information about applying for membership, please contact our Executive Director and we will be very pleased to discuss with you.