Felix Maritime Agency
Port Said was founded in 1860 as a harbour on the Mediterranean Coast at the Northern entrance of the Suez Canal. The physical and socio-economic character of the city that determined its birth has persisted until the present day and is identified by:
1. Its livelihood bound up with the canal and its operation.
2. A community whose purpose is serving the canal and its ancillary activities.
3. The European atmosphere which characterised its society and its construction, and which is reflected by the conduct and way of living of its inhabitants.
4. Its rigid city form and population increase hampered by its shortage of land surface.
The Suez Canal progress led to the prosperity of Port Said. By 1918 its population reached up to 450,000 inhabitants and during the decade of the twenties it became an international trade centre due to the promotion of the world commerce which the Suez Canal realised.
Hundreds of shipping agents, food suppliers, banks, hotels and a big variety of firms whose activities were related with serving ships transporting goods and passengers were established.
In 1976 Port Said was declared to be a free zone resulting in imported goods being tax exempt. This greatly benefits tourism in this area.
We are one of the largest professional recruiting and placement agencies in the world. Using the most up-to-date communications and a global network of manpower tracking, we can offer you a guarantee of high-quality transiting through the Suez Canal. We can locate and deliver the necessary staff to meet your personnel needs at a moment’s notice. We are listening round the clock to pick up your call.
We represent ship owners/charters/operators and render their vessels reliable and efficient to ensure smooth operations during canal transit or calls at Egyptian ports all 24 hours to safeguard their interest at the various local authorities, as well as:
- To facilitate the Suez Canal passage and ensure prompt dispatch of vessels.
- To handle the finance of vessels particularly the Canal dues and estimated disbursements; also supervise payments of all
- expenses to avoid vessels transit delay.
- To liaise with Suez Canal Authority as to reductions on Canal dues for long destinations, particularly big vessels like
Shipping Agent / Protecting Agent
General ship suppliers
Dry dock/maintenance works
Cash to Master
Latitude: 31° 15′ S
Longitude: 32° 19′ E
Managing Director and Chairman:
Mohamed Nagib Latif
+20 100 1095 055
+20 1006 836 831
Felix Maritime Agency
Palace Tower 1
Palestine & Al Salam St
2nd Floor No 5
Port Said 42599
Tel: +2066 3206970
Fax: +2066 3206510
AYSS Member Since 1995